Is God calling you to serve in His mission? Here are some ideas to get ready:
- Be intentional in being a disciple of Jesus, growing in intimacy with God and understanding of the Bible.
- Talk to your pastor, minister, Missions Task Group and/or Ministry Leader. These are the people who have walked with you and taught you . . . what do they think?
- Take an active interest in the world at large. Keep up with the news and ask God to give you a heart for a place or an area of need (e.g. displaced peoples).
- Engage cross-culturally, whether in your workplace or your neighbourhood (perhaps befriend a neighbour who is from a different culture to you). Consider a short-term trip.
- Pray for 1 or 2 cross-cultural workers, and for the nations in which they serve. We can connect you with people who are working in your area of interest.
- Do some formal learning. Complete either the Perspectives Course (1 night/week for 12 weeks ) or the Kairos course (1 night/week for 9 weeks).
- Grow your ministry skills. Take a responsibility in your church.
- Attend missions conferences, events and information nights. Learn more!
- Participate in activities that stimulate your missions heart
- Join a mission prayer group
- Find a mentor to keep you accountable in the above activities.
Our role as a mission community is to journey with you over the time to get there, to help you find God’s leading and help keep your heart beating strongly for world mission on the way. Please get in touch if you’d like to chat. You can also check out our resources or follow us on social media for other content that may be helpful in your journey in understanding your heart for God’s mission.